Parents, Guardians, and Students,
We have some exciting events going on this week. Please continue to read below.
- Tuesday – Reading GPS
- Wednesday – Math GPS & World Milk Day (please wear black and white to help us dress like a cow)
- Thursday – Color Run ( Our whole class participates! Please wear something that can get dirty.)
- Friday – Positive behavior celebration!
Here is the homework for the week of September 26th the 30th.
- Monday, September 26th – Choose 1 word study activity
- Tuesday, September 27th – Choose 1 word study activity
- Wednesday, September 28th – Choose 1 word study activity
- Thursday, September 29th – Spelling Test Today!
- Friday, September 30th – Read something good this weekend!
School picture day is Tuesday, September 20th. If you are going to make a purchase please send in your payment. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces!
Students, Parents, and Guardians,
Please check out our reading and science pages for updated information as to what the students are working on in class.
In addition students are working on their study techniques and strategies before each test, benchmark, or GPS. We encourage our students to, “dump their knowledge.” This means we want students to write down pictures, strategies, and mnemonic devices on notebook paper before beginning their exam. We will work on this strategy all year.
Here is the homework for the week of September 19th through the 23rd. Our spelling tests took a dip last week, and our goal this week is improvement.
- Monday, September 19th – Choose 1 word study activity
- Tuesday, September 20th – Choose 1 word study activity
- Wednesday, September 21st – Choose 1 word study activity
- Thursday, September 22nd – Your spelling test is today
- Friday, September 23rd – Enjoy your weekend and read a good book!
On behalf of the fourth grade team here at BGE, thank you for coming out to Back to School Night!
It was nice to see the friendly faces.
There are some important dates to remember this week and add to your calendar.
- Wednesday, September 14th 1st of our biweekly GPS in Reading. This is a way to monitor the growth per student.
- Thursday, September 15th please join us for Back to School Night from 6:00-7:30. We hope to see you there!
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
Next week our students would like to begin a long term science experiment/observation. We are in need of clear plastic containers with screw top lids. Washed out peanut butter containers, mayonaise jars, or cleaned up Nutella jars would be perfect. Thank you so much for your help. Click the green link below to find out more specific information.
Here is the homework for the week of September 12th through the 16th. Please remember that interim reports will come on Tuesday and students have a science test on Thursday.
- Monday, Sept. 12th – Choose 1 word study activity and study for your science test.
- Tuesday, Sept. 13th – Choose 1 word study activity and your interim reports go home today.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14th – Choose 1 word study activity and your spelling test is tomorrow.
- Thursday, Sept. 15th – Spelling Test Today!
Please look for your child’s interim report to be sent home on Tuesday, September 13th. Please sign the report and return it to school with your child! We welcome your feedback too.
Happy half way point! You did it!