The Scholastic Book Fair is here. Your children previewed the book fair on Friday, February 24th. When can my child make purchases at the book fair? Any child that brings money will be able to shop from 11:45 – 12:00.
Please help us celebrate Dr. Seuss Week this week. Watch your Remind messages for updates. Join the school and your 4th grade teachers for Dr. Seuss’s birthday celebration on Thursday, March 2nd. We will be reading Oh’ the Places You’ll Go with activities to follow + birthday cake.
- On Monday, wear your crazy socks for Fox in Socks
- On Tuesday, wear green for Green Eggs & Ham
- On Wednesday, wear mismatched clothing
- On Thursday, dress as your favorite Dr. Seuss character
- On Friday, wear you favorite vacation t-shirt – Oh, the Places You’ll Go
Here is the homework for the week of February 27th through March 3rd. Please be advised that this will be a busy week. Dr. Seuss week is also this week in addition to the book fair and benchmark testing commencing on Friday, March 3rd.
- Mon Feb. 27 – Reading worksheet and review for grammar test
- Tues Feb. 28 – Reading worksheet
- Wed Mar. 1 – Reading worksheet + spelling test tomorrow
- Thur Mar. 2 – Get a good night’s rest! We believe in you!
Spring Benchmark Testing Schedule
- Friday, March 3rd – Reading Benchmark
- Tuesday, March 7th – Math Benchmark
- Thursday, March 9th – VA Studies Benchmark
Please be sure to get a good night’s rest and partake of a decent breakfast. Our fourth graders have been practicing their SEAL qualities. It stands for Strategies/Stamina, Effort, Attitude, and Level Zero. I firmly believe our students are capable of their best when our best efforts and positive attitudes align.
Parents & Guardians
Thank you for attending Parent Teacher Conference Night! If an opportunity was missed, or you still have questions to follow up on please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teachers. Thank you again for your support. We cannot do it without you.
Truly, Ms. Lander and 4th grade teachers
Here is the homework for the week of February 21st through February 24th. Please remember to have behavior contracts signed and returned for the field trip ASAP.
- Mon Feb. 20 – Happy Presidents’ Day! Enjoy your weather
- Tues Feb. 21 – Reading Worksheet and sign behavior contract
- Wed Feb. 22 – Reading Worksheet and sign behavior contract
- Thur Feb. 23 – Reading Worksheet behavior contract deadline
- Fri Feb. 24 – Enjoy the weather and read a good chapter book
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
We are taking a trip to Jamestown Settlement Museum on Friday, March 31, 2017. Permission slips were sent home today, Thursday, February 16th. Please return the behavior contracts no later than February 23rd, and return the field trip permission slip no later than March 24, 2017. The cost is $12.
Here is the homework for the week of February 13th through the 16th. Due to the short week, the spelling test will take place next week. Please remember it is a short week with an early dismissal on Thursday.
- Monday Feb. 13 – Reading Worksheet
- Tuesday Feb. 14 – Reading Worksheet
- Wednesday Feb. 15 – Reading Worksheet
- Thursday Feb. 16 – Early Dismissal
- Friday Feb. 17 – No School!
This is a reminder that there will be a science test on Friday, February 10th. It will account for 40% of your child’s science grade. Can you name all of the clouds, describe them, and the weather they bring? What are the four main weather tools and what do they measure? Can you read a weather map with warm fronts, cold fronts, high pressure systems, and low pressure systems? Don’t forget to differentiate between the 3 types of storms. Our science weather packets will be sent home as a study guide this week.