Parents & Guardians
Thank you for attending Parent Teacher Conference Night! If an opportunity was missed, or you still have questions to follow up on please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teachers. Thank you again for your support. We cannot do it without you.
Truly, Ms. Lander and 4th grade teachers
Here is the homework for the week of February 21st through February 24th. Please remember to have behavior contracts signed and returned for the field trip ASAP.
- Mon Feb. 20 – Happy Presidents’ Day! Enjoy your weather
- Tues Feb. 21 – Reading Worksheet and sign behavior contract
- Wed Feb. 22 – Reading Worksheet and sign behavior contract
- Thur Feb. 23 – Reading Worksheet behavior contract deadline
- Fri Feb. 24 – Enjoy the weather and read a good chapter book
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
We are taking a trip to Jamestown Settlement Museum on Friday, March 31, 2017. Permission slips were sent home today, Thursday, February 16th. Please return the behavior contracts no later than February 23rd, and return the field trip permission slip no later than March 24, 2017. The cost is $12.
This week students will begin a new unit on space. Students will be expected to know the planets in order of their distance from the sun and in size order from smallest to largest. Then students will move onto learning the phases of the moon, Earth’s rotation, and revolution causing the seasons.
Here is the homework for the week of February 13th through the 16th. Due to the short week, the spelling test will take place next week. Please remember it is a short week with an early dismissal on Thursday.
- Monday Feb. 13 – Reading Worksheet
- Tuesday Feb. 14 – Reading Worksheet
- Wednesday Feb. 15 – Reading Worksheet
- Thursday Feb. 16 – Early Dismissal
- Friday Feb. 17 – No School!
This is a reminder that there will be a science test on Friday, February 10th. It will account for 40% of your child’s science grade. Can you name all of the clouds, describe them, and the weather they bring? What are the four main weather tools and what do they measure? Can you read a weather map with warm fronts, cold fronts, high pressure systems, and low pressure systems? Don’t forget to differentiate between the 3 types of storms. Our science weather packets will be sent home as a study guide this week.
Here is the homework for the week of February 6th through February 10th. Don’t forget to read independently and practice those multiplication facts.
- Mon Feb. 6 – Reading Worksheet & Study spelling and science
- Tues Feb. 7 – Reading Worksheet & Study spelling and science
- Wed Feb. 8 – Reading Worksheet & Study spelling and science
- Thur Feb. 9 – Reading worksheet & Study for science test Fri.
On Thursday, February 16th, there will be an ice cream sundae party held for students demonstrating mastery of their multiplication facts. A letter was sent home January 26th in their Thursday folders. Please continue to practice. The size of your sundae will depend on the number of multiplication tables you have mastered.
This is a notification that our science test on SOL 4.6, Weather, will take place on February 10th. A test is worth 40% of their grade, and study packets will be sent home in the future next week. We will also be reviewing in class. Check below for key concepts they need to know:
- weather tools
- cloud types, description, and the weather they bring
- characteristics of hurricanes, tornadoes, and thunderstorms
- warm front and cold front
- how to read weather maps and interpret graphs
Here is the homework for the week of January 30th through February 3rd. In addition to the homework listed, please find time to read at home and practice your multiplication facts until they are mastered.
- Mon Jan 30 – Reading Worksheet + Study Spelling Words
- Tues Jan 31 – Reading Worksheet + Study Spelling Words
- Wed Feb 1 – Reading Worksheet + Study Spelling Words
- Thurs Feb 2 – Reading Worksheet + Sign Interim
- Fri Feb 3 – Read and Practice Multiplication Facts