Our future scientists now know that structural adaptations are a party of the body, like camouflage. Can you spot the camouflaged butterflies in our classroom? Will they “survive” all year blending in the background?
Parents, Guardians, and Students,
Thank you for promptly getting the back to school papers turned in. If you have not turned in any of the papers listed below please send them to school in your child’s green Thursday folder.
- Code of Conduct (pages 13, 14, 15)
- Lime green emergency card
- Health history form (front and back)
- Free and reduced lunch form (this form is optional)
- Small white emergency contact form
If you need extra forms please let me know via email. I would be more than happy to help out!
Here is the homework for the week of August 22nd through August 26th. Ms. Lander will check the homework each day. She does not wait until the end of the week.
- Monday Night Aug. 22 – Choose 1 Word Study activity
- Tuesday Night Aug. 23 – Choose 1 Word Study activity
- Wednesday Night Aug. 24 – Choose 1 Word Study activity
- Thursday Night Aug. 25 – Your spelling test is today. I hope you prepared.
Students and Parents,
Our first spelling test based off of our word study homework will be Thursday, August 25th. Your children will receive their words on Friday, August 19th. Look for the words to be written in their agenda, they should all be cut out and in their word study notebook pouch, published on this webpage, and the words are also available at www.spellingcity.com/clander/
What?! Homework for adults?
This evening, August 15th your child brought home a health history form in their green Thursday Folder. As a parent or guardian you will need to fill out the front, back, and sign your name before the school can accept it as complete. Please complete this form as soon as possible.
Look out! Tomorrow, August 16th children will be bringing home a great deal of paper work for adults. Please check back tomorrow for more information.
Thank you for your help, Ms. Lander
It was our first day here in fourth grade. We did indeed #MakeItHappen. I wish to give some positive shout outs to our homeroom.
- Excellent job traveling in the hallway. We were super stealthy!
- Impeccable lunch room behavior.
- Beautiful manners. Each person in our class said, “Thank you,” to our cafeteria staff. I am so proud.
- We were prepared with our supplies. Thank you parents and guardians for your support.
- We all made it through the day!
I would just like to take the time to say thank you. Fourth grade had a wonderful turnout for open house tonight. I met many new faces. Thank you for making me feel welcome to the BGE community. In short, I loved seeing all of the talented, hard working, and great students we have at this school. Here’s to a year of hard work and growth!
Welcome to a new school year! By the way, the title to this post is how one says, “A hundred thousand welcomes,” in the Irish language. To be truthful I am nervous, eager, and privileged to help you grow as young people and students this year. Please come to check out the classroom and drop off school supplies on Thursday, August 11th. Our fourth grade team looks forward to meeting you.
Vision + Hard Work = Success #MakeItHappen
Yours truly, Ms. C. Lander